My favorite rock band is Superchick. They have a cool song called Princes and Frogs. In the chorus to that song the boys in the band sing.."All princes start as frogs and all gentlemen as dogs. Just wait till its plain to see ...What we're growing up to be. Cause some frogs will still be frogs ...And some dogs will still be dogs. But some boys could become men ...Just don't kiss us 'til then."
I remember as a little girl a frog figurine that my sister had that said "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince" So how do you tell the difference...since they are all disguised as guys. Here are my thoughts...Frogs hop in and out of things, Princes lead. Frogs spend a lot of time telling you it's not easy being green, Princes know it's not easy being anything and it's not all about them. Frogs puff themselves up to look bigger and more impressive, Princes have humility and understand the difference between arrogance and confidence...and in the end Frogs catch flies and Princes catch Princesses...I know what category I want to be in.
Fairy tales aside, when I meet a guy I might like to date I notice things...a great smile, a fun conversation...that's the surface stuff ...but I also pay attention to how he treats people who have nothing to offer him. Is he kind when he thinks no one is looking or is he just trying to show off? Does he spend all his time mocking and complaining or does he show appreciation? All those things of the heart..kindness, bravery, passion, compassion...they will be evident in his behavior...you just have to pay attention to what's really important...which as it turns out is a Princess' number one responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment