Friday, February 11, 2011

Silly Love Songs...and Disney Princes

The future love of my life and I have a song. He doesn't know it yet ...because...well because we still haven't met. I'm willing to change it once he weighs in with an opinion but for now Oleta Adams' "Get Here" is our anthem. Perhaps when he gets here we can chose something by his favorite singer.

There are so many romantic songs to enjoy in every genre. For a love song sung by the guy to the girl one of my favorites has to be George Strait's "I Cross My Heart" sung at the end of the movie Pure Country. I'm pretty sure I've cried every time I've seen that scene. For the girl singing to guy I like Anne Murray's "Just Another Woman in Love". 

And from the Disney songbook, the love theme from Sleeping Beauty's "Once Upon A Dream"...her Phillip is by far my favorite Disney prince. He was all guy, rode in on a white horse, fell in love with the girl when he heard her singing, slew the dragon with a sword while bearing a shield with the symbol of the cross, saved the kingdom, kissed the girl and was completely undisturbed by random magical wardrobe changes. When I see that sticker that says, "I blame Disney for my unrealistic expectations of men" I think of Prince Phillip. Oh Walt what have you done to me?

1 comment: